Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Christi Coy, MS, RDN, CSOWM, FAND is the registered dietitian nutritionist
for the Weight Management Division of Mission Heritage Medical Group.
She is Board Certified in Obesity and Weight Management and a Fellow of
the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Christi has over 20 years of experience
counseling patients and teaching and facilitating groups for behavior
changes, including over eleven years of teaching weight management classes.
She has extensive training in motivational interviewing and group facilitation.
Her prior experience includes serving as lead nutritionist for the UC Irvine
Women's Health Initiative, a major national clinical trial including
over 160,000 postmenopausal women nationwide. She was also the research
dietitian for the UC Irvine Women's Intervention Nutrition Study and
the Dietitian Case Manager for the UCI Metabolic Clinic in the Department
In addition to her work in the Weight Management Division, Christi currently
serves as Associate Faculty at Saddleback College, teaching three nutrition
classes each semester. She is the current education chair for the Orange
District of the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has
also held the positions of president and nominating committee co-chair.
Christi holds the following degrees and certifications:
- Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND)
- Board Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management (CSOWM)
- Certificate of Training in Vegetarian Nutrition
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
- Master of Science (MS) in Nutritional Science from California State University,
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) through the Commission on Dietetic
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Food Administration, Minor in Chemistry
from California State University, Long Beach
For questions regarding the Weight Management Division, contact Christi