Sleep Disorder Center at Mission Heritage Medical Group
Helping you learn more about sleep apnea
Mission Sleep Disorders Institute is the only accredited Sleep disorders
Center in South Orange County and has been accredited since 1996. The
center is staffed by Registered Polysomnographic Technologists who are
devoted to the field of sleep medicine.
Dr. Tammelin, M.D. F.C.C.P. Diplomat American Board of Sleep Medicine has
practiced Sleep Medicine since 1980. He is available for consultation
for both inpatient and outpatients with sleep related complaints. He is
fortunate to be associated with Board Certified Sleep specialists who
are specialists in Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry.
The Institute evaluates and treats Adults, Adolescents and Children with
sleep disorders including: Sleep Apnea, Insomnia, Periodic Limb Movements,
Narcolepsy and a variety of other unusual sleep disorders. Tempur-Pedic
beds in our lab provide a comfortable sleep away from home. Our services include:
- Sleep Consultations - Individual evaluation with a Board Certified Sleep
- Polysomnography (PSG) - An overnight sleep study in which sleep stages
and breathing are monitored.
- CPAP Titration Study (CPAP/BIPAP) - Treatment for Sleep Apnea.
- MSLT Study - Daytime test that evaluates daytime sleepiness and is a rule-out
- MWT Study - Measure the ability of a person to stay awake.
- Pulse Oximetry Screening - Overnight Monitoring of SaO2 and pulse which
is done at home.
- CPAP equipment needs can be taken care of through our Center.
- Download sleep study new patient form.
The Mission Sleep Disorders Institute would like to invite you to attend
our quarterly A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) meetings.
This is a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) support group meeting
for anyone with sleep apnea and for their families, friends, and neighbors.
This health awareness organization is non-profit and is open to all who
want to learn more about the numerous topics relating to sleep apnea.
Speakers with abundant knowledge and expertise in many specialties will
give brief presentations with question and answer periods to follow.
Meetings are held four times a year on the last Tuesday of every third
month at 7:00 PM in the first floor dining room of Mission Medical Plaza
at 26800 Crown Valley Parkway in Mission Viejo. The meetings usually last
for about one hour with a question and answer period following the topic
of discussion. Many representatives of CPAP, respiratory, and sleep companies
serve refreshments and display the most updated technology that is currently