Executive Heart Program (EHP)
For more information, call
(949) 364-3388 or email ExecutiveHeartProgram@stjoe.org
We offer an executive heart assessment program to assess an individual’s
cardiovascular risk and implement management strategies to lower that risk.
The program is designed as an expedited, comprehensive examination, focusing
on one’s personal and family health history, risk measurement, and
By identification of those at risk for heart disease, our mission is to
facilitate early intervention to prevent progression to clinically significant disease.
The program is particularly suited for those with time demands that may
make a lengthy, drawn out evaluation impractical. The entire assessment
may be completed in two visits.
The EHP has been designed by Dr. Michael Miyamoto, Mission Heritage Medical
Group cardiologist, who has a deep interest in cardiovascular prevention.
He is a member of the scientific team that found signs of vascular disease
in ancient humans which has been highlighted in the New York Times, Wall
Street Journal and National Geographic. He works closely with his patients
to manage risk factors, incorporating their philosophies into their treatment plans.
This individualized service is available for an all-inclusive fee and includes:
- A detailed consultation with Dr. Miyamoto, focusing on cardiovascular risk
factors and family history
- Advanced lab testing including lipid panel, lipid particle analysis, Lipoprotein(a),
Apolipoprotein B, and diabetes screening
- Coronary calcium CT scan and/or HeartSmart IMT (carotid artery analysis)
for detection of early atherosclerosis and blood vessel changes
- Follow-up consultation for detailed review of results and delivery of a
personalized report with risk assessment and management recommendations
- Ample time with the cardiologist to discuss the findings and answer questions.
Follow up testing, if indicated, can also be arranged through your own
physician or Dr. Miyamoto
Early detection may prevent future heart events.