Pediatrics - Developmental, Behavioral & Learning Disorders
Our goal is to help your child achieve his/her full potential by learning
about their specific situation and diagnosing and treating your child's
cognitive and/or behavioral challenges.
Dr. Ross evaluates your child's strengths and weaknesses in the eight
brain functions (attention, memory, sequential skills, spatial awareness,
language, motor skills, higher order cognition and social abilities),
which are required to be successful in learning to read, write and do
math. These tests supplement school evaluations that determine your child's
grade level in reading, math and written language. Dr. Ross' testing
identifies the source or underlying cause of the problems causing difficulties
in the academic subjects and helps to provide specific treatments.
You will become educated about your child's strengths and weaknesses
and a written report will help the school system develop an individualized
treatment program to promote your child's academic, behavioral, emotional
and social success.
We provide medical evaluation and treatment to children up to the age of
14 with any of these conditions:
- Developmental delays in language, motor, learning and social skills
- Behavioral problems involving defiant and oppositional behavior and temper outbursts
- AD/HD, learning difficulties, poor school performanc
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Emotional problems of typical children such as anxiety and mood disorders