Palliative Care provides comfort and communication for seriously ill patients
by relieving or soothing symptoms of a disease or disorder while maintaining
the highest possible quality of life. Palliative care is for people of
any age, at any stage of illness, whether that illness is curable, chronic,
or life threatening.
In our clinic, you will have a 60-minute appointment with a Mission Heritage
Medical Group hospitalist, specializing in Palliative Medicine. The doctor
will discuss your condition, treatment plan and address any concerns.
Here’s what you need to consider:
Do you have a life-limiting illness?
- Dementia or neurological disorders (e.g.: stoke, Parkinson’s Alzheimer’s,
multiple sclerosis, ALS)
- Advanced heart failure (congestive heart failure, severe coronary artery disease)
- Chronic lung disease (oxygen dependence, tracheotomy dependence, COPD,
pulmonary fibrosis, end-stage asthma)
- End-stage kidney disease
- End-stage liver disease
Do you have any of the following unmet Palliative Care needs?
- Frequent visits to the Emergency Department or hospital admissions in the
past six months
- Uncontrolled symptoms such as pain, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting,
- Functional decline such as loss of mobility, frequent falls, difficulty
with cooking, cleaning, bathing or showering
- Uncertainty about navigating complex medical problems
- Caregiver distress
If you have identified that you suffer from more than one of the items
listed above, please call us for more information or to find out if palliative
care is right for you.
For additional information about Palliative Care, please go to:
Cross roads: Crown Valley Pkwy. and Medical Center Rd.
A personalized approach to your health